Baby Reinold was originally due on December 5th but decided that he/she would need a little medical intervention to come into the world. On December 10th, Mike and I arrived at the Labor and Delivery ward of the hospital at 8:00 pm to start the induction process. The hospital told us that we would be given one pill at 8 pm and then we would need to leave the hospital for 4 hours and return for a second pill. Upon returning to the hospital we would then be admitted to our delivery suite (I use that term loosely). After waiting for 45 minutes we were finally brought back into the triage room for monitoring and finally given our first "magic pill" at 10:30 pm. The hospital staff then had to monitor the baby for 1 hour after introducing the medication which means that Mike and I had to then leave the hospital at 11:30 pm and go find some dinner (we didnt eat because they told us we should go get dinner in the 4 hour waiting period between pills)! Needless to say, we were starving! We drove to Boston Beer Works and to Game On only to be told they weren't serving food (it was almost midnight on a wednesday)! We finally found a Mexican place "Tequila's" on Lansdowne Street that was open and still serving food! I was halfway through my chicken enchilada's when the pain started...but I was in denial it was actually labor starting. However, within an hour I could no longer deny that labor had begun...full blown contractions had started and from the start were coming at 1 to 2 minute intervals. Ouch. Mike and I arrived back at the hospital by 1:30 am and they brought us into delivery Suite #8 where they decided I did not need the second "magic pill" as the first one did the trick! By 4 am I was ready for my epidural (at only 2 cm...wimpy I know). When they checked me 2 hours later I was already at 5-6 cm. At 6:10 am I felt and heard a pop...my water had broken! By 7:30 am I was at 9 cm and we were waiting on my Doctor to arrive at 8:00 am in time for pushing! The pushing began at 8:45 am and "It's a girl" was announced at 9:15 am. That's how Baby Reinold became Avery Eleanor Reinold on December 11th and we are so happy to have her!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Umm, less than a day of contractions and a 1/2 hour of pushing. You officially suck!!! I had contractions for 57 hours and pushed for 2 1/2!!! But, all in all, better late than never right???
ReplyDelete